Label-Aid offers custom Polyimide labels to meet your specific applications. Polyimide label substrates are made from imide monomers and are known for their high heat resistant ability. Sometimes polyimide is referred to by the trade name KAPTON. Polyimide has the ability to perform well in temperature ranges up to 538 degrees C.
Polyimide labels have very specific usage in harsh environments that would melt or destroy other types of labels. Also, our polyimide labels are lead free meeting all the requirements of RoHS and REACH. Labels are available in 1 and 2 mil thicknesses.
All of our polyimide labels are thermal transfer imprintable, and when using the correct ribbon still continue to display resistance to high heat, even in reflow and solder wave environments as experienced when identifying printed circuit boars (PCB).
Advantages of Polyimide Labels
- Resistant to extremely high heat environments
- Great chemical resistance
- Halogen free
- Meet REACH and RoHS requirements
- Acrylic adhesives
- Silicone adhesive in extreme heat conditions
- Thermal transfer imprintable
Industries & Applications
- Electronic component tracking
- Warning and hazard labels
- Clean room situations that require low outgassing
- To identify printed circuit boards (able to thrive in reflow and wave solder environments)
Contact Label Aid today to get your quote!