One of the most popular printing methods at Label-Aid is flexographic printing. This process, also known as flexo label printing, is notable for using soft flexible plates to transfer ink onto a substrate. In the flexographic printing process, the plates contain a raised, inked image, which is then transferred onto the material. Each station of a flexographic printing press produces a single color, with multiple colors registering properly. After colors have been added, you can further customize your label with die cutting, sheeting, embossing, and perforating.
Flexographic printing is also called rotary relief printing because the image to be printed from the flexible printing plate is raised above the floor of the plate. By contrast, other printing processes have the image recessed (gravure) or level (offset litho) from the floor.
Advantages of Flexographic Label Printing:
Label-Aid customers use flexographic printing because of its many advantages, including:
- Versatility: A vast array of inks and coating can be used, for the look and protection customers require.
- Materials: Selection is unlimited with substrates including paper, film, foil, Tyvek, etc.
- Cost-efficiency: Flexographic printing is inexpensive, with a low cost of consumables used during a run
- High press speeds: Ideal for long runs of custom labels
- Plate durability: A single plate can produce millions and millions of images
- Color stability: Allows for tight color control. Colors remain stable throughout a run and from run to run.
Flexographic Printing Applications:
Flexographic printing is a versatile process which can be used on a variety of substrates. Label-Aid uses flexographic printing for the following applications:
- Prime Product Labels
- Industrial Labels
- Tamper Evident Labels
- Window Decals & Static Clings
- UL Labels
- RoHS Labels
- Asset Labels & Tags
- Danger & Caution Labels
- Warning Labels
- Barcode & Serialized Labels
- Outdoor Equipment Labels
- Medical Labels
- Custom Labels & Tags
- Inventory Labels
- Cover-up Labels
- Security Labels